Update with item changes - new: Lucky Shot
Written by MeeB on 12.01.2012 Time 15:57
2012 starts for Team Fortress 2 with lots of item changes and a brand-new hat for the Soldier. It has the name Lucky Shot and is already integrated in our Item Database and the Trade-System. However, a specific receipt is not yet available (Blueprint).
Items Toggle View
The Lucky Shot is a community-created headwear item for the Soldier. It appears as an unexploded green and team-colored yellow or orange mortar embedded in the Soldier's default helmet.
Besides some bugfixing, Valve concentrated on the game's stability, too. More deep information concerning that fact are unfortunately not released.
The items form the christmas update are now available for all the crafting fans. Moreover, some items show now their quality when selected for crafting.
Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
- Limit the effective FOV of players using wide-screen resolutions with aspect ratios wider than 1.85:1. The sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov ConVar can be changed to remove the restriction or make the restriction also apply to full-screen players.
Team Fortress 2
- Fixed Cp_Foundry not ending the map in the middle of a round when mp_timelimit is hit
- Fixed the Spy saying 'Prego' for one of his 'Thanks!' lines
- Fixed incorrect player animations for the Buff Banner and the Battalion's Backup
- Fixed some cases where strange Ullapool Cabers and wrenches would fail to correctly count kills
- Improvements for client stability
- Updated the localization files
- Added crafting recipes for weapons introduced during the holiday update
- When selecting items for use in crafting, the items selected will show their quality in addition to the item name
- Ellis' Cap can now be used as a crafting ingredient
- Added The Lucky Shot helmet
- Added The Killer Exclusive to the Mann Co. store
- Added Mask of the Shaman to the item drop list
- Fixed particle display problems for items with multiple effects
- Fixed the Dr. Whoa paint not drawing correctly for the Blue team
- Updated the Desert Marauder and the Villain's Veil so they can be equipped together
- Updated the Fancy Dress Uniform and the Kringle Collection so they can be equipped together
- The Bombinomicon no longer shakes the screen and has a delay before the explosion so that Snipers, Spies, and others can get better feedback on the actual cause of death
- The Bazaar Bargain functionality has changed: only one stored head is lost on a miss or a bodyshot and no heads are gained when missing while crit-boosted
- Added Mann Co. Supply Crate #37
- The Killer Exclusive is now craftable.
Trade Your Items!
- 1477 Members -
Did you know?
We've got a list of all TF2-Items