Linux Promo Update!
Written by KamiKatze and translated by Der Feine Herr on 15.02.2013 Time 15:00
Valve released the previously announced Linux Promo Update in the night to Friday. The official Linux Promo Items has been added next to some bugfixes.
The new items is the so called "Tux", the mascot of Linux. This little penguin can be yours, if you play Team Fortress 2 on a Linux OS (such as Ubuntu) in the period from February 14 to March 1 2013. The Tux comes in 3 distinct styles, one of them wears a Pyro mask.
By this time, over 50 Steam games are available for Linux. Besides the obvious Valve titles as Sounter-Strike: Source and Half-Life, many Indie games, e.g. World of Goo have been reduced heavily for the Steam For Linux Celebration Sale.
Furthermore, the Festive Stickybomb Launcher has got a new style, the "Teamkill by Crusader's Crossbow" exploit has been fixed, another Server Crash issue on MvM_Bigrock has been solved, and the Strange Part: Low-Health Kills does not count enemy's suicides anymore.
Further changes can be taken from the complete Changelog:
Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)
- Fixed a client crash related to the audio system
- Updated controller support for the Linux version
Team Fortress 2
- Added new Linux promo item
- Added new ETF2L, ESH, and UGC tournament medals
- Added new multicolored-lights style to the Festive Stickybomb Launcher
- Fixed Botkiller Medigun, Botkiller Flamethrower, Stickybomb Launcher, and Half-Zatoichi using the wrong Red team arms skin while on the Blue team
- Fixed a client crash related to the HUD control point maps
- Fixed "Low-Health Kills" strange part also counting kills after the player had died
- Fixed "Buildings Sapped" strange counter sometimes incrementing when buildings were destroyed without a sapper attached
- Fixed a teamkill exploit that used the Crusader's Crossbow
- Fixed not being able to view different styles while previewing items in the Mann Co. Store
- Fixed the paintability of the Mann Co. Cap and the Mann Co. Online Cap
- Increased the particle limit
- Updated The Map Maker's Medallion to be paintable
- Updated the Engineer's Cap so the Red team version displays the correct color when paint is applied
- Updated Mvm_Bigrock to fix a server crash when all players are dead
- Updated several backpack images to fix issues caused by mat_picmip
- Updated the localization files
Trade Your Items!
- 1371 Members -
Did you know?
Trade-System - Trade your Items