New First Person View even without VR Glasses
Written by KamiKatze and translated by Der Feine Herr on 21.04.2013 Time 09:33
On April 18th, 2013 Valve released a hatless update that integrates a completely new First Person View into the game.
With a little help of the new console command cl_first_person_uses_world_model (1 to activate, 0 to deactivate), all players have the possibility to bind the camera to the figure's head. This reveals a new way of looking at the player model. If you look down e.g. as the Heavy, the body and the weapon are visible. Moreover, all the attached cosmetical items are there as well, as you see in the picture below with the Purity Fist:
Althoug this mode was developed for the Virtual Reality Glasses in the first place, Valve decided to make it accessable by everyone.
Furthermore, some bugs have been fixed, for example the crash of the game while shooting with the Minigun when the map had changed. Plus, the stability in Linux was further improved.
Everything else can be found in the complete changelog:
- Added a new ConVar cl_first_person_uses_world_model to allow this mode to be used outside of VR mode
- Disabled plug-ins that would allow users to connect to secure game servers even when -insecure is specified on the command line
- Continued use of such plug-ins will risk your Steam account getting VAC banned
- Added support for unloading the displayed URL when the user closes the info panel
- Added ConVar sv_motd_unload_on_dismissal to allow server ops to control the default behavior of their MOTD
- Fixed a client crash related to doing a changelevel while firing the Minigun
- Fixed a bug where you could come out of a teleporter facing the wrong way in VR mode
- Improved performance and stability for the Linux version
- Fixed a bug with custom fonts not loading for third party HUDs on Linux.
Trade Your Items!
- 1372 Members -
Did you know?
Order at Amazon.de - Support TFPortal!